Terms and Conditions
We believe these standard terms and conditions reflect the custom and practice of private nurseries providing full time day care. The rules about notice and payment of fees are designed to promote stability, assist forward planning and the proper resourcing of the nursery. Nothing within these terms and conditions affects the parent/guardian’s statutory rights. To enable us to provide and maintain the highest standards of care we require all parents to be aware of, and abide by, the following conditions.
1. A registration fee of £25.00 per family is required (once
The nursery is open from 7.30 am until 6.00 pm Monday to Friday, each
week with the exception of the following days:
The nursery closes for two staff training days per year, one in June or July and one in December. Parents will be notified at the beginning of each year for the year ahead.
2. All fees are payable in advance, on the first day of each month. The person named on the registration form is responsible for the payment of fees. Payment is calculated by the weekly charge multiplied by 51 weeks, which makes an allowance for the days on which the nursery is closed. All fees include meals and drinks, SMA formula milk and blended baby food. Any other baby milk or special baby food should be provided by the parents. All Nursery fees are reviewed on the 1st September each year, although not necessarily increased.
3. Payment is due by standing order. If parents wish to pay an alternative method prior agreement must be made. If any cheque is returned unpaid then a £30 charge will be made. Any letters sent out reminding parents of late payments or incorrect standing orders may attract a £10 administrative charge.
4. Cheeky Monkeys, in line with many other nurseries operate a minimum session’s policy. One full day or two half sessions is our minimum requirement. This aids your child settling into the nursery initially and then optimizes maximum development from their time at nursery. This particularly applies to the under two age group.
5. Breakfast and lunch are included within either the full day price or the morning fees, snack is included in the full day or afternoon session fees. Any child coming to nursery for the afternoon session only is not entiotled to lunch unless extra hours are purchased to cover the lunch period.
6. Four weeks written notice if required if you wish to reduce or change any sessions once your child is in nursery. Odd sessions or extra hours can be arranged, payment is required at the time.
7. Should fees fall into arrears by more than one month then the child’s place will be withdrawn until the arrears are cleared, in order to avoid any large deficit in payment. Cheeky Monkeys policy is to now pass all bad debts to a debt recoevery company as we cannot afford to not have fees due coming into the nursery.
8. There is no refund for absenteeism due to illness or holidays. If a child is absent for more than two weeks and no fees are paid, then the nursery place will not be kept open.
9. Parents should provide their own nappies (unless included in fees) and a change of clothing which is clearly identified. Soft shoes, pumps or slippers are required for indoors in the interest of hygiene.
10. Parents/guardians collecting children late from the nursery will be subject to a surcharge of £5 for every 15 minutes. Parents/guardians should be aware that the nursery has to be vacated by the designated closing time.
11. We ask that we be notified by 10am if a child is ill and unable to attend nursery. Please refer to the exclusion policy for the details regarding illness or potential illnesses. We would ask that parents abide by the stipulations in this policy in order to minimize any spread of infection through the Nursery. This is for the benefit of ALL our children and our staff.
12. No child will be allowed to leave the nursery with anyone other than a parent or guardian unless arrangements have been made previously. In the case of an emergency a password will be requested from the parents and the person collecting the child, in addition to identification
13. We will work with parents/guardians to provide suitable alternative food if necessary for children who have special dietary requirements as diagnosed by a doctor or dietician.
14. You should be aware that Cheeky Monkeys take photographs on a regular basis which will be used in the children’s files and on our displays.
15. It should be understood that we have an obligation to report to Ofsted/Social Services any incident where there is doubt as to whether a child has been the subject of abuse or neglect. This will usually be done with the knowledge of a parent.
16. The Nursery is insured through the pre-school Learning Alliance with Sun Alliance Insurance Company and has full comprehensive public liability and accident cover, a copy of which is displayed in the hall. The nursery however accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal equipment left on the nursery premises.
17. The nursery reserves the right to amend these conditions should any situation arise which would affect the health or welfare of any child or member of staff. Due notice would be given to all parents in these circumstances.